Fire Safety is important for any workplace and should be taken seriously, so here are our top tips on making your workplace a safer place to be:
1) Time to take out the trash – Clutter in an office can be dangerous as it can contribute to fire as fuel and also prevent you accessing fire extinguishers and escaping through fire exits.
2) Extension Cords – The biggest threat to a workplace are extension cords, make sure your extension cords are fully extended as they can heat up and spontaneously combust.
3) Smoking – If you smoke, always smoke in a designated area and make sure your cigarettes are completely extinguished before disposing of them.
4) Maintenance – Make sure all your electrical equipment is in full working order and your not overloading any electrical device.
5) Sound the Alarm – Always sound the alarm before you start tackling a fire, that way your colleagues can start to evacuate.
6) Switch off electrical equipment before you leave. Also a very good way to reduce your electricity bill 🙂
7) Get the right training – Make sure your colleagues know what they need to do in the case of a fire. Each fire extinguisher combats a different type of fire, so if you’re trained you’ll know which extinguisher you’ll need.
8) Don’t be a hero – If the fire becomes too overwhelming get out of there and leave it to the professionals.
Check out the video below of our team combating a controlled fire (please do not try this at home)